The Conversions API allows advertisers to send web events from their servers directly to Facebook. Server events are linked to a pixel and are processed like browser pixel events. This means that server events are used in measurement, reporting, and optimization in the same way as browser pixel events. Your in-app purchase events including subscription renewals will be sent to Facebook as web events.
Conversions API is useful when running Web-to-App (or Web2App) campaigns in Facebook with event optimization. Learn more.
Web-to-App campaign is a web campaign targeted to your app’s landing page which has a link to the App Store.
Integration is a part of Web-to-App solution. Please follow this link for details.
You no longer need to prioritize events for Web-to-App optimization
- In Business settings create Facebook Pixel if you don't have it yet.
- Generate Access Token for your Pixel.
- Go to Apphud integrations page and select Facebook Conversions API.
- Insert Pixel ID and Access Token that you got in previous steps.
- Edit your events configuration by disabling unnecessary ones or changing event names.
- Click on Enable integration and Save.
For more information visit this link.
There are two ways of getting your access token:
- Via Events Manager (recommended)
- Via System Use
- Go to settings of your pixel in Events Manager.
- Under settings tab, find Set up manually section.
- Use Generate access token button to generate your token.
The Generate access token link is only visible to users with developer privileges for the business. The link is hidden from other users.
Generating access token via system user works only if your Business owns the app.
- Go to your Business' Settings.
- Under System users tab, create your system user with Employee access, if you don't have it yet.
- Assign a pixel to your system user.
- Click Generate token.
You do not need to request any permissions or pass App Review.
For more information follow this link.
You can add custom parameters, like email or date of birth, in order to increase match quality.
Here is a list of acceptable additional optional parameters that you can send from Apphud SDK via user properties method:
|Email of the user|
|The ID issued by Facebook when a person first logs into an instance of an app. This is also known as App-Scoped ID|
|Date of birth in |
|First name of the user. Note: valid only if gender provided.|
|Last name of the user. Note: valid only if gender provided.|
For more information about customer parameters visit this link.
In order to get attribution data from Facebook web campaigns, you will need add URL parameters to understand where visitors are coming from.
Paste these parameters to URL parameters field in Tracking section of your ad set up page.
Since integration is a part of Web-to-App solution, analytics is described in this guide.
Please double check the following list in case you experience issues with integration. Make sure the following is correct:
- Your landing page should contain correct script code. Double check this guide.
- Events should be correctly mapped with Apphud events in integration settings page. For example,
Subscription Startedevent should be mapped either with
subscribeevent. It's up to developer to choose desired mapping.
- Double check that System User has your pixel as assigned asset.
- Read Facebook's useful docs: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/422408905612648, https://www.facebook.com/business/help/721422165168355, https://www.facebook.com/business/help/223073145946545
- Still having troubles? Contact us.
- You may experience low install or purchase rate when running Web-to-App campaign with Purchase event optimization. Consider targeting for less priority events at the beginning, like
Paywall Checkout Initiated. You can view and edit event mapping in Facebook Conversions API integration page.
Updated 3 months ago